02 June 2012

What Are You Reading?

For me, each summer break usually consists of a lengthy reading list!  Some are professional reads, and a bunch of others are children's literature.  Let me share with you some of the professional books that are on my summer reading list...

Pathways to the Common Core: Accelerating Achievement

Lucy Calkins, Mary Ehrenworth, Christopher Lehman


In Georgia, the 2012 - 2013 school year marks the adoption of the Common Core standards.  My principal assigned our school's leadership team (which I am a part of as grade level chair) to read this book since we are will be influential in the transition to Common Core.  At 230 pages, this will hopefully be a quick read but also knowing it is co-authored by Lucy Calkins will hopefully make it interesting too!

The Daily Five and The Cafe Book

Gail Boushey and Joan Moser


I am jumping aboard the Sisters train!  Looking at a class-size of nearly 30, I really need to improve my system to allow me to get more small group/individual time with students while the rest of the class is also doing something worthwhile!  I am looking forward to the online book club on these books for upper grades teachers being hosted over at  We Read, We Blog, We Teach.   

Igniting a Passion for Reading 

Steven Layne


I studied this book in a book group at school.  There are so many great ideas in here to motivate readers and making good book choices.  With the craziness of the end of the year, I have forgotten many of the good ideas that I want to implement...so I want to reread this book to get back some of them like The First Read Club and Hot Reads and more!

And an endless list of children's literature!

What books are on your summer reading list???  I can probably squeeze a couple more of your ideas onto my list! :)

Looking for more ideas for your summer reading? 

Click on the picture above to take a peek at the other participants summer readng lists!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I look forward to what you have to say!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.

.

Oh Boy It's Farley

StickerMule

Custom Stickers, Die Cut Stickers, Bumper Stickers - Sticker Mule

Advertisement