16 May 2012

My Summer Bucketlist

Today marks Six...count 'em...6 school days until summer break.  I have had a whopper of a year, but I got back test scores for my class, and they were surprisingly much better than I expected.  So now I feel that I can end this year on a good note and start thinking about...

I'm joining April, Hadar, and Teri to share what I want to get done this summer!
I have SO, SO much I want to accomplish this summer.  Being me, I had already started a bucket list on paper and unfortunately already lost it!  So since I work better electronically, here we go...

School...
  1. I have been greatly inspired by Ladybug's Teacher Files's C.R.A.F.T. Board materials...so I want to try The Daily Five and The CAFE Book: Engaging All Students in Daily Literary Assessment and Instructionor CRAFT with my students.  This means first reading the books then deciding how I will adapt these ideas into my classroom.
  2. I am working to help develop an elementary school online campus for my school system.  I will be creating 40 lessons for the first quarter of fifth grade.
  3. I am also working on finishing my gifted certification...I will be done by the time school starts!
  4. My class this year has been rough on my classroom library...so I have to do some reorganizing!  As I reorganize, I am going to scan in books into Booksource's Classroom Organizer.
  5. I have two workshops to attend...1. Implementing the Math Common Core and 2. Textbook Training for our new science adoption.
  6. I am also going to be creating more for my TeachersPayTeachers and Teacher's Notebook stores.  I also have a couple projects I want to list on Etsy too!
  7. I have some seen some materials that I want to adapt for Greek and Latin Roots word work.   Speaking of Greek, I want to develop a unit for Greek myths to start out the year.
Outside of school...
  1. Go to the gym at least 5 days a week!
  2. Planning a baby shower for one of my best friends...just have to pry the baby's gender out of her! :)
  3. Finding the perfect rug for my family room and mirror for foyer.
  4. I have a bunch of Pinterest ideas that I want to try...so many I'm not sure where I want to start!
  5. I want to break out my brand-new sewing machine...and conquer my fear of sewing with it!
How far away are you from summer break?  What do you want to get done on your summer break?

2 comments:

  1. love your background...im your newest follower....drop by =)

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so stinkin' cute. I love the header. Summer plans . . . mmmm . . . still workin' on them. However, reading in the sun, puttering in my yard, and a trip to Napa are already "penned" in.

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I look forward to what you have to say!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.

.

Oh Boy It's Farley

StickerMule

Custom Stickers, Die Cut Stickers, Bumper Stickers - Sticker Mule

Advertisement